There is a close relationship to the sinus and the upper back teeth. Many times when a tooth is extracted, it will leave a small communication between the mouth and the sinus. This was the situation in your case. Therefore. It is important to follow these instructions:
- Take all prescriptions as directed.
- Over the Counter Decongestant (Sudafed) or Afrin Nasal Spray
- Avoid any Positive Pressure in your mouth.
- Refrain from blowing your nose for two weeks.
- Try not to sneeze. If a sneeze is unavoidable, keep your mouth open and do not close your nose.
- Do not use a straw or smoke for two weeks.
- Do not blow a musical Instrument.
- Eat soft food for several days – chewing on the opposite side as much as possible.
- Do not rinse the mouth vigorously for several days.
PLEASE NOTE: It is not uncommon to have a slight amount of bleeding from the nose for several days. Keep your follow-up appointment. If you have any questions, please call our office.