There is a close relationship to the sinus and the upper back teeth. Many times when a tooth is extracted, it will leave a small communication between the mouth and the sinus. This was the situation in your case. Therefore. It is important to follow these instructions:
- Take all prescriptions as directed.
- Over the Counter Decongestant (Sudafed) or Afrin Nasal Spray
- Avoid any Positive Pressure in your mouth.
- Refrain from blowing your nose for two weeks.
- Try not to sneeze. If a sneeze is unavoidable, keep your mouth open and do not close your nose.
- Do not use a straw or smoke for two weeks.
- Do not blow a musical Instrument.
- Eat soft food for several days – chewing on the opposite side as much as possible.
- Do not rinse the mouth vigorously for several days.
PLEASE NOTE: It is not uncommon to have a slight amount of bleeding from the nose for several days. Keep your follow-up appointment. If you have any questions, please call our office.
Our Oral Surgeons are ready to provide you with exceptional Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery services such as dental implant placement, wisdom teeth removal, jaw surgery, and more!