Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
St. Louis Oral & Maxillo-Facial Surgery – MO
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for eight (8) hours prior to the appointment.
- No smoking at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office.
- If you take routine Oral medications, please check with your Oral & Maxillo-Facial Surgeon prior to your surgical date for instructions.
Our Oral Surgeons are ready to provide you with exceptional Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery services such as dental implant placement, wisdom teeth removal, jaw surgery, and more!